We live busy lives. Work, study, holidays, hobbies, travel...it can be hard to make time for dental hygiene and health whilst continuing to do all the things we want and need to. Dental monitoring makes scheduling in time for your dental hygiene and achieving a straighter smile with Invisalign treatment easier.
Dental monitoring embraces the benefits of technology by allowing patients to have virtual appointments with their orthodontist through their smartphone. Dental monitoring is the world’s first remote monitoring solution that can help your dentist monitor your tooth movement, oral health, orthodontic appliance care and more while you are on the go.
Dental monitoring - it starts with a selfie
During your initial consultation with your dentist, they will design a dental plan based on your goals and condition. Your plan will outline your treatment and how you want your teeth to move for the perfect smile.
Your dentist will encourage you to download the dental monitoring app on your Android or iPhone. The app enables you to take weekly selfies of your teeth and send them to your dentist. You can also use the app to review your progress against the 3D calculation that your dentist took in your initial consultation.
Your dentist will use these virtual check-ups to see how your teeth are moving and whether they’re in the desired position. It’s also a chance for your dentist to make corrections to your plan if needed for the best result.
I’m on the go alot - what are the benefits of dental monitoring for me?
- Don’t let your dental health hold you back from doing the things you love. Dental monitoring means you can stay on top of your dental plan and treatment from anywhere - the shops, beach, work, at school or even overseas
- Using technology to allow your dentist to see your teeth’s progression as it happens means they can ensure the movement of your teeth is perfectly controlled and inline with your dental plan.
- You won’t waste time or money on unnecessary appointments. Your appointments will be scheduled based on your specific needs and progress.
- Your dentist can track your progress from afar, which means they can make adjustments to your treatment where needed for a faster and better result.
- You get dental support in real time. You don’t have to wait to try and schedule an appointment in your busy schedule, because the dental monitoring app lets you send and receive updates quickly from your phone.
- If there is an issue or problem with how your teeth are moving you are able to address this problem much quicker than if you had to wait for an appointment to see your dentist.
Achieving the straight teeth and beautiful smile you’ve always wanted is easier with dental monitoring.
Profilo° Dental uses dental monitoring for those patients receiving Invisalign treatment.